Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Curse?

I often hear fans of other teams state how bad their team has been, how long its been since they won a championship, or a curse that has kept them from winning. Having been a Texas Rangers fan my entire life, I often laugh when others say they haven't won a championship since '81 or haven't been to the World Series since '82. There are eight teams that have NEVER won the World Series. Of those eight, there are 3 teams that have NEVER even been to a World Series. These three teams are the Seattle Mariners, Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos, and the Texas Rangers/Washington Senators. Two of the teams have called Washington DC home and the third is located in the state of Washington. Maybe a Washington Curse. Of those 3, there is only 1 team that has never won a Playoff Series and they are the oldest franchise of the three. The Texas Rangers/Washington Senators in fact have exactly 1 playoff game win in their 48 year existance. So to all those fans who believe their team has it bad, i would trade your team's history (except for maybe the Expos/Nats) for the Rangers history right now. A playoff series win, a championship pennant, or a world series birth seem so far fetched I'm not sure I will even live to see any of this to happen. But if I do, you can be assured that I will never complain again about Ranger futility.

No comments: