Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Playoff thoughts

I know, I know. Its only August 24th, but the Rangers do have a 8.5 game lead and my thoughts are wondering who we will play in the playoffs, IF we make it there. My initial reaction is to hope we play anyone but the Yankees. Three playoff appearances, three first round exits thanks to the Yankees. After some thought though, I am convinced I want the Yankees in the first round again. I don't like the way we match up against the Rays and I can't stand even seeing a game on tv in their ballpark. I can't blame their fans for not attending games there. I also believe we have the tools to match up with NY on the mound and at the plate. I've always thought if the Rangers were to ever make it to the "big" series, I want them to have to beat the Yanks on the way there. So bring it on NY, I am rooting for them to win the East and lets matchup again for the first round.
I went ahead and added the Magic Number counter to the side of the blog. Nothing more exciting the counting down to a division win, and we haven't been able to do that in over a decade so we start the countdown at 30!
On a side note, I realized that this possible playoff run will likely mean that I will not be able to attend the home playoff games thus ending my streak of seeing every Ranger playoff home game in person. Granted it was only 4 games, but I had been to all 4 of them. Maybe I'm playoff bad luck since they were 0-4 in those games.

Rangers record: 71-54, 8.5 games ahead of the Oakland Athletics!

No comments: